Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Texas Prison System Blog

I found the article by sohell about Texas having the worst prison sex abuse. I found this article crazy and somewhat nasty. I would have never thought that Texas would be number one in the rankings of worst sex abuse in prison. In fact, I never really thought of sex abuse taking place in prison by the guards to the inmates.


The article says that the state government is finding a solution to control sex abuse of prisoners behind bars. First of all, how is the government going to find a “solution” for this? I don’t believe video cameras or programs are truly going to help the situation in prison. I feel sorry for the inmates to an extent but this is probably something reoccurring in the prison system not only in Texas, but everywhere in the United States. This issue isn’t discussed a lot and should be brought up. Sexual abuse is a serious action and is damaging to prisoners and guards. I’m still upset on the action taken’ by the guards. Maybe the government should fire the guards or replace them with new and improved guards, but who’s to say the new ones won’t do the same.


I believe the blogger did a great job finding this article and posting it up for all of us to be aware. Not only that but they did a pretty good job discussing it themselves. I do believe something should be done about this matter and should be done fast. I believe it is disturbing and actions should be enforced.

No comments:

Post a Comment